Did you see the stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog on page 55 called Got Treats? Can you image all the little treats you can create with it – birthday, Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, St. Patrick’s Day, Treats for any time? I hadn’t even considered buying the Milk Carton die-cut for the Big Shot until I saw this little stamp set. Now I can image all sorts of possibilities with it even using different stamp sets. I ordered the Mini Milk Carton die and the Got Treats stamp set and decided to play this week. I created a little project for my Stamper’s Club meeting last night.
The little carrier idea is in the catalog but I also saw it earlier this year on another blog and on Stampin’ Connection. There are several different versions out there. You basically make a little box to hold two mini milk cartons and then glue two together with a handle in between. I decided to use the Play Date Designer Series paper for my color inspiration and for decorating the little carrier. This one has a birthday theme but you could use this for so many different celebrations besides a birthday. Or make one for your desk to hold little office supplies – I want to try that next – I think there was something similar on display at convention.
Here you can see my four mini milk cartons. On my Got Treats stamp set I mounted the words separate from the images so that I could mix & match and use them together or apart. So on one cupcake I have “Got Birthday?” and on the other I have “Got Treats?” and then one is on the top and the other on the bottom.
I did have to play around with my Big Shot and the die to get my sandwich just right so the cut lines cut and the score lines scored. Because there are slight variations between Big Shot’s yours may not be the same as mine. For mine I used this – Standard Cutting Pad, piece of colored card stock, Mini Milk Carton die, card stock to be cut (one layer), Standard Premium Crease Pad. Only cut one at a time so you get all the score lines and cut lines for each one that you cut.
Have a sweet weekend!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Card stock: Real Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
- Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise Stampin’ Write markers
- Stamps: Got Treats Stamp set
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Mini Milk Carton die
- Scallop Square Punch, Large Oval Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
- Linen Thread, 1/4″ Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8″ Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon
- Play Date Designer Series paper
- Brights Designer Buttons, Subtle Designer Buttons, Silver Brads, Mini Library Clips
- Paper piercer, Mat Pack, Stampin’ Dimesionals, Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue
To order Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project click here.