It’s Friday! And here were we live it’s the last day of school before we have Fall Break. Yep they get a whole week of school next week. When you start school on Aug 1st you are ready for a break by mid September.
Today I wanted to share with you a card I made using the Core’dinations card stock that is in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalog. At my PAWS downline meeting last weekend I showed everyone a bunch of different ways to use this card stock. Each person made a Core’dinations Technique book and this card that uses several of the techniques we went over.
I used the Cherry Cobbler Core’dinations card stock as the card base. On the front I scored lines and then sanded them (that’s one technique). Then I added a layer of the Early Espresso Core’dinations card stock that was cut with the Top Note die and sanded the edges (that’s another technique). I tied some Cotton Ribbon around it with Linen Thread – it is stamped with the Loving Thoughts stamp set. The final addition is a rose made out of the Cherry Cobbler Core’dinations card stock by tearing it into circle and layering them (that’s a third technique).
Here is a look at the technique book/sampler – I just fanned all the pages out for you to see.
Here is a quick list of the techniques –
- Sanding – just sand the card stock
- Tearing – tear toward you
- Embossing – use embossing folder
- Debossing – upside down folder and sand around the debossed image
- Distressing – distressing tool on the edge
- Scoring – score from the back and then sand
- Outlining – secure chipboard to surface, lay over and sand
- Label – use non-electric label maker, insert strip type letters, sand (or write in reverse on the back with a pencil or stylus and sand the front)
- Antiquing – crumple into a ball, flatten, sand
- Corrugating – run through crimper tool, sand
- As is – textured side
- Punching – use border punches
So on my card above I used #1, #2, and #6. So go play with it and have some fun.
Have a good weekend!