Look at the options you have with one sketch and one stamp set! It’s a sketch challenge from Create with Connie & Mary . Combine that with the cute Patterned Occasions stamp set in the 2013 Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration brochure.
I saw a cute card idea last week while I was out of town that my demonstrator friend Selene Kempton posted on her FB page. I was planning to use that idea for classes that I had this week (yesterday actually). And as I looked at the sketch for this week I decided to merge the two ideas together. And then wanted to show my classes how they could exchange the image for any image in the stamp set – giving them multiple options and allowing everyone to create a card for whatever occasion they needed. Here is my card – I actually turned the sketch again.
Here are some details on this card and then I’ll show you the other images.
- card base is Sahara Sand
- A layer of Island Indigo that was run through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder
- A strip of Sycamore Street Designer Series paper – I love those dots! – cut into a flag
- Tied some Island Indigo Baker’s Twine around the layer and tied it in a bow
- Stamp the jeans image on Whisper White card stock and punch out with the 1-3/4″ Circle punch
- To dress up the jeans pierce a hole on either side at the waist and tie a bit of Baker’s Twine to create a belt!
- Punch a Decorative Label punch from Tangerine Tango card stock. Layer behind the circle and add to the front of the card.
I love the little belt! That was my favorite idea from Selene’s Card. Now these are the other images from the Patterned Occasions stamp set and what I did with them – just switch these out on the front of the card and you have a variety of options.
On these I added either a little punched heart or the little flower. Now you have a birthday, thank you, get well and a love you card. This gave everyone the option to make the card that they wanted.
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. I hope you are having a good week. Mine has been busy since I returned from Leadership and I still have lots to share. Unfortunately our weather here is yucky! I came home from sunny Florida to rain and it hasn’t stopped in 4 days! And tonight we could have snow/ice – we can hope it will be snow but more likely it will be ice – which won’t be good for Friday!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Patterned Occasions (Sale-a-Bration)
- Ink: Island Indigo, and Markers in Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango
- Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
- Accessories: Sycamore Street Designer Paper (Sale-A-Bration), Island Indigo Baker’s Twine, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 1-3/4″ Circle punch, Decorative Label punch, Small Heart punch, Big Shot Die Cut Machine, Honeycomb Embossing Folder (Spring catalog), Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Dimensionals