It’s a new challenge from Create with Connie & Mary . I used the cute Hearts A Flutter stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog. We are back to colors for this weeks challenge – Raspberry Ripple, Pretty in Pink and Lucky Limeade.
I was working on cards and projects using the Hearts a Flutter stamp set for my class last week and decided to get two things done at one time – create a card for my class and for the color challenge! In the end I used the exact same card but in slightly different colors for the class – I’ll show you both but first here is my challenge card.
This card idea is from a swap I received at leadership from Kathy. I thought it was just the cutest card but I changed the colors and a couple of other things – otherwise it is the same. Here are some details on this card and then I’ll show you the other version (actually two).
- card base is Naturals White card stock, folded in half and then cut with the Scallop Square die and the Big Shot Die-cut machine – you line up the fold inside the first row of scallops so it doesn’t get cut.
- Who knew that the Hearts strip Embossing Folder matched up so perfectly with the scallop square – well it does – line up the hearts so there is one in each scallop on the front of the card – then run that through the Big Shot to emboss the front of the card.
- Stamp the hearts – one in each color and then the outlines are all in Lucky Limeade
- Tied some Raspberry Ripple ribbon around the card.
- Stamp the Love You on the scrap from where you die cut the card and punch with the Word Window punch
- Attach to the front of the card and add a couple of little pearls.
It was quick and easy and I really love how the embossed hearts line up with the scallop square – just genius! I did play around with the combination of colors – so here is a slightly different version of the same card.
And the one I used in class was just Raspberry Ripple and included Pool Party and outlined in Basic Gray – that was what most of my other projects had so this color combo matched better.
The original swap card that I got was done with a Very Vanilla card base, Primrose Petal ribbon and the hearts were stamped with Primrose Petals and Pool Party.
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. It is COLD here! And now they are saying ice again – yuck! With Ryan just driving himself to school this month – I don’t want any ice at all on the road! We shall see what the weather brings us.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Hearts A Flutter, Itty Bitty Banners
- Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink
- Card Stock: Naturals White
- Accessories: Big Shot die-cut Machine, Scallop Square Bigz Clear die, Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, Word Window punch, Raspberry Ripple ribbon, Basic Pearls.