Now begins the countdown to Valentine’s day. Are you getting ready? Have you made your cards? Your sweet little treat or little surprises for your loved ones? Well never fear I’m going to be sharing ideas with you over the next 2 weeks. I’m going to do my best to share 14 different ideas for Valentine’s Day – that’s 14 heart related projects for you. Now there may not be one each and every day (I don’t always post on the weekends) – and I will have some other things mixed in between – so some days you’ll see more than one post! I do hope you feel the LOVE!
Heart #1 – is a project from my Hearts A Flutter Hands On class that I had in January. The photo above shows you all the projects. And the card on the right was one I previously shared with you. Today I’ll share the card on the left.
This card features the More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper and the Hearts A Flutter Bundle. It’s inspired by a little scrapbook project that I received in a swap and was created by Glenda Travelstead. I enjoyed meeting her at Leadership this year and she even walked with us late one night as we returned to our hotel telling us all about how she got started in her Stampin’ Up! business. It is always fun to meet other demonstrators and hear their stories and inspiration.
Here are some details on this card –
- Crumb Cake card base stamped with the En Francais stamp set in Crumb Cake ink
- Add a strip of the More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper to the left side of the card front
- Cut apart one of the hearts from the More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper laser cut sheet attach to the front of the card
- Stamp the flag in Pool Party ink on Pool Party card stock and cut out with the die using the Big Shot- both from Hearts a Flutter bundle
- Stamp the scallop tag in Primrose Petals ink on Primrose Petals card stock and cut out with the die – Hearts a Flutter again
- Cut a tag from the designer paper using the tag die from the Hearts a Flutter framelits
- Stamp your word – my card shows Happiness from the Loving Thoughts stamp set, but we also used Amour from Artistic Etchings – use Real Red ink and punch out with the Modern Label punch
- punch holes in each of those with the 1/16″ circle punch and string on a piece of Pool Party Baker’s Twine – tie the Baker’s Twine around the front of the card and finish with a bow.
The More Amore Specialty Designer Paper and the Hearts A Flutter Bundle (the stamp set and framelits) are both available in the Stampin’ Up! Spring Catalog. You can order all the supplies for this project through my website – www.monika.stampinup.net.
So that is your first heart project. There are more to come!