Did you love the cute Chalkboard Frame on page 11 of the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog? I did and I tried to recreate something like it for my Hands on Class last month. The frame isn’t as fancy –
And my original plan was to have an actual chalkboard in the frame to write on. I planned to take the glass from the frame and cover it with chalkboard paint – well that plan didn’t quite work out for my class – I didn’t realize how long the paint needed to dry between coats and I needed several coats on the glass – so I’ve got two coats on the glass pieces now but they aren’t as smooth as I would like so I think I need to add one more coat with a roller probably – I’ll work on that this week. Anyway for the class I went with plan B (it’s good to have a plan B and sometimes plan C). Here are the details on the project the way we made it in class –
- On a piece of Basic Black card stock stamp the quote in VersaMark ink and emboss with white embossing powder. I let everyone choose their own quote – we used the Pursuit of Happiness set and also Word Play (You’re in My thoughts, you’re in my heart”
- Layer the black on a Piece of Pool Party card stock
- stamped the images from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set and cut them out with the Hearts a Flutter framelits – colors are Primrose Petals, Pool Party and Basic Gray
- strung all the pieces on Whisper White Baker’s twine and added to the card stock before putting it in the frame.
- added a Vintage Faceted button and a Rhinestone for decoration
If my chalkboard glass works out – I’ll re-post with what that looks like.
Plus for February Stampin’ Up! has released a new stamp set, designer paper and a digital kit called – Sent with Love – it has the AIRMAIL feel to it – I remember getting mail in those red/blue envelopes from our family in Germany when I was little – I don’t know that they still have those envelopes but I guess a long time ago maybe you had to use those.
You can order the Sent with Love items and the items for the project above (well not the frame) from my online store – just visit my website www.monika.stampinup.net and click on the SHOP NOW button. The online store is open 24/7 – so shop all night, in your PJs, or any time you want.