I found this cute idea on the internet on the glue dots website. These are really easy to put together with strips of designer paper – and perfect for those that like to see both sides of the paper. Hanging hearts…
I used the More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper from the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog.
- Cut 1″ wide strips – you need two 4″, two 6″, and two 8″ plus a 6″ strip for the center – on the left heart I used card stock and on the right heart I used another piece of the designer paper.
- Lay the strips out as shown in the photo – the 6″ single piece is in the center, then the 4″ on either side, 6″ on either side and 8″ on either side.
- I used Sticky Strip to glue the bottom end together – now pay attention to the patterns on the paper – you can either have the same design on either side facing out or do them opposite (mine have one done each way) – and also look if the pattern has an up and down design – like hearts and decide how they will look as either the outside or inside will be upside down.
- Now add a little piece of sticky strip to each of the other ends and start with the inside strip (the 4″ ones) and curl them in toward the center strip and attach to form a heart. Then do the same with the 6″ strips and then the 8″ strips. Forming a heart around the smaller one you just made. You can change the hearts based upon where you attach the ends on the center strip.
- To finish I punched a hole in the top of the center strip and added some Baker’s Twine as a hanger.
- Put some Baker’s Twine through a button and add to the bottom of the heart. I used Pool Party twine and the Pool Party button from the Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button pack – free during Sale-A-Bration.
- Make a bunch and string together to make a garland and hang it up for Valentine’s day.
We made one of these at my Stamper’s Club meeting as a little bonus project. It was a last minute project that I put together for them.