Happy Valentine’s Day! We made Valentine’s at the Ronald McDonald House on Tuesday night. And since today – Valentine’s Day was going to be a Create with Connie & Mary challenge day I decided to use the sketch for the card we were making at the Ronald McDonald House. Stampin’ Up! has a partnership with the Ronald McDonald House Charities and demonstrators from all over volunteer time to get crafty with house guests everywhere. I go with a small group of demonstrators to one of the houses here in the Atlanta area – we try to visit every month. And since it was the week of Valentine’s day of course we had to make Valentine cards.
This weeks Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary is a sketch challenge. Plus you can get daily inspiration right now if you join Create with Connie & Mary Spring 2013 Online class. They are show-casing items from the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog plus Sale-A-Bration! Lots of great ideas and its not too late to join.
Here is a look at the sketch for this week –
Since I wanted a Valentine card – the first thing was to take the flower and make it a heart. Then I just played with the rest until I got something I wanted. I ended up turning the sketch for my card. It needed to be a simple card for everyone at the Ronald McDonald house to make. And I pre-prepped several pieces ahead of time so they just had to glue them on.
Here are some details on this card –
- card base is Primrose Petals and I used the hearts folder from the Adorning Accents Embossing Folders to add hearts across the bottom (I did this ahead for them)
- Above the embossed hearts is a scalloped piece of Pool Party card stock – this was cut with the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die (I cut these ahead of time too)
- They stamped a greeting above the scallops – they had a choice of four different ones – “Happy Valentine’s Day” from Wacky Wishes, “Be My Valentine” from Delightful Dozen, “You’re in My thoughts, You’re in my Heart” from Word Play, and “happy valentine’s day” from Teeny Tiny Wishes – all the stamping was done in Real Red ink (it’s best to have only one color ink to choose from when we stamp there)
- I punched hearts from the More Amore Designer Series paper using the Full Heart punch (I punched all these ahead of time). They added them to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also had a couple of hearts from the Hearts A Flutter stamp set that they could use. They were able to write and stamp on the inside of their card and decorate the envelopes too.
- We had cards for grandma’s, auntie’s, mama’s, and sister’s.
- Signed and sealed and ready to be delivered!
Here are some photos of our Stampers’s this week.
I hope you gave some love to someone close to you and even to someone you didn’t even know! I know everyone had the Ronald McDonald House that stamped with us really had a fun time.
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. Plus don’t forget to check out the 2013 Spring class going on right now!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Wacky Wishes (and others listed above but not shown on this sample)
- Ink: Real Red
- Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Pool Party
- Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Big Shot Die Cut Machine, Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals.