Lets do some Sale-A-Brating! In the Stampin’ Up! world that means its our biggest promotion of the year with lots of different choices for earning FREE Stampin’ Up! products. Earlier this month I had a class that focused on the Sale-A-Bration products for 2013. So I want to share some of those projects with you so you can see some ideas on the different choices that you have. Today’s project was one that we saw on stage at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference and I adapted it to be a project for my Stamper’s Club this month. This is the Happy Hello Simply Sent Card Kit – one of your Free Sale-A-Bration choices. Now you can make the cards just as they are in the kit but this little project takes the kit a bit further. You need to get some product anyway in order to get the kit free – so this is one idea for you –
It’s a super cute pouch to put some cards in and give as a gift to someone – a hostess perhaps. If you went to the Stampin’ Up! leadership conference this may look familiar. I’m not sure how Sara made her pouch but this is how I made mine.
- I used a full sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 Vellum Card Stock, score it in half at 5-1/2″ using the Simply Scored Board.
- Turn it and score at 1″ on either side.
- Cut on the 5-1/2″ score line from the outside edge to the 1″ score line on either side to create flaps. I cut away the flaps on one side.
- punch a half-circle on the side with the flaps
- Fold the pouch in half and the flaps around the back – I didn’t even use any adhesive.
- Add a piece of 1/8″ Baja Breeze Taffeta Ribbon and tie it in a bow
- Make a tag using the Extra-Large Tag punch
- The tag is stamped with the phrase that comes from the Bring on the Cake stamp set
- the butterfly is a piece of Daffodil Delight designer paper from the Polka Dot Parade paper pack using the new Bitty Butterfly punch, then a bitty flower and a rhinestone
Now make the cards that come in the Happy Hello kit – the Baker’s Twine, Rhinestones, Daffodil Flowers and Envelopes are all included in the kit. The only thing I added was on the blank card I stamped “wishing you a wonderful day” also from the Bring on the Cake stamp set.
I put two cards and envelopes in the pouch – since the kit comes with 8 you could make 4 sets! To get the Happy Hello kit free you need to put in a $50 order of Stampin’ Up! products – so here is an idea.
- Simply Scored Tool $29.95
- Vellum Card Stock $6.50
- 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon $5.95
- Bitty Butterfly punch $15.95
Use a stamp set that you have on hand, if you don’t have the tag punch cut it by hand, use some designer paper that you have on hand for the butterfly. Hopefully that gives you some inspiration. I saw another cute idea for this kit and I plan to try it out and share that with you later.
You can place your order for these products today on by website – www.monika.stampinup.net – just click on SHOP NOW.
Enjoy the weekend!