This super cute candy container is made from something you probably already have on hand. You need an empty button/brad container. You know the plastic containers that the Stampin’ Up! buttons, brads and trinkets come in. That’s the one – and don’t even worry about getting all the labels off because we will be covering all of that up too. This idea has been floating around amongst Stampin’ Up! demonstrators since the fall (at least that is when I first saw it). And I have decided to use several items from the Sale-A-Bration brochure to create a fun Birthday treat container!
This project actually uses a whole hand full of Sale-A-Bration items – but this idea is easy enough to swap out with other items you already have on hand – choose a different designer paper or ribbon, or change the tag. This one is easy to change for any occasion that you want. So let’s take a closer look –
- first find an empty container and open it up – I save all mine after they are empty so I have lots – this is the container I’m talking about – if you want pull the label’s off – really all I did was pull of the tabs that came over the sides – the top and bottom will get covered.
- Now you need a piece of window sheet – about 8-1/2″ wide and then the height that you want – I think mine is either 2-1/2 or 3″ tall. Put Sticky Strip along the bottom long edge and along one short edge. remove the red cover on the long edge. Now you are going to roll up the window sheet and fit it so the sticky strip sticks inside the lid of the empty container. This becomes the bottom of your treat holder.
- sorry I don’t have another picture I gave the ones I made to my niece and nephew and I don’t have them here anymore. Once you have the window sheet attached all the way around remove the red cover from the side and attach the side edge. Make sure you keep it all straight. Now test it to see if the bottom of the empty container will slide over the top edge of the window sheet – this is now your lid – don’t attach it just slide it on and off that way you can get to what’s inside!
- I used the 2-1/2″ Circle punch to punch 4 circles – these will fit on the inside and outside of the button container to cover the labels – for the ones going on the inside – use the Distress Tool (new in the Spring Catalog) and distress the edge all the way around the circle so that you can fit it inside the container. I used Sticky strip to attach the circles. All were plain except the one on the top – I just embossed with the Vine Street Embossing Folder.
- I cut strips of the Sycamore Street Designer Series paper to cover the outside edges of the containers – 1/4″ for the small one (now the bottom of your treat holder) and 1″ for the larger side (now the top of your treat holder). I did use Sticky strip to secure these to the container.
- Add a piece of sticky strip across the bottom and secure the center of a piece of ribbon – bring it up to the top and tie a bow – to open the container – just slide off the ribbon – you don’t even have to untie it! The ribbon I used was the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack – I used Island Indigo.
- Now make a tag to hang on. More Sale-A-Bration items used for mine. Pretty Petites stamp set and the Petite Curly Label punch. I also used the Sycamore Street Designer Paper and the Vine Street Embossing folder. The base of the tag is the Decorative label punch. And it’s tied to the ribbon with some Baker’s Twine.
- Slide off the ribbon, slide off the top and fill with candy – replace the lid and the ribbon and give it to someone special. I did add a little Rhinestone to one of the tags too – I gave that one to my niece – I figured the little hint of bling made it girly. I’m not sure she noticed though.
Hopefully some of that made sense. I know that other demonstrators have made these and if you visit Heather Summer’s she has a video where she made one back before Christmas.
These are all the Sale-A-Bration items that I used –
- Sycamore Street Designer Series paper
- Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button pack
- Vine Street Textured Impressions Embossing folder
- Pretty Petites Stamp set
- Petite Curly Label punch
Just a cute little container for a fun occasion!