Did you know you can make your stamps go a little bit further by using the Omitting Technique? Maybe you haven’t even heard of this. Well on this quick card that we saw at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference that is exactly what you’ll see.
The Omitting Technique is basically where you omit a portion of the stamp image by not putting any ink on it. The easiest way to do that is to use your Stampin’ Write Marker’s. On this card the stamp image from the Vintage Verses stamp set has the detailed frame with words in the center. Using the marker apply ink only to the frame and not the words, give it a little “huff” to make sure its all still moist and then stamp it on your paper.
It’s really that easy.
All the details of this quick card are right here:
- The card base is one of the Note Cards from the Note Cards & Envelopes in the main catalog – these are white and come with 20 cards and envelopes in each pack. They are 5″ x 3-1/2″ note cards with envelopes to fit.
- Ink up the stamp with the Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker applying ink only to the frame (“Omitting Technique”) and stamp on the front of the note card.
- Ink up the Thanks stamp with Jet Black StazOn ink and stamp over the frame.
- Punch two butterflies from Vellum Card stock using the Elegant Butterfly stamp. Stick them together with a glue dot and add to the front of the note card with another glue dot. Add a Rhinestone to the center (it cover’s the glue dot).
- Tie a piece of Whisper White Baker’s Twine around the spine of the card.
You can get the Vintage Versus stamp set for FREE during Sale-A-Bration when you purchase $50 in Stampin’ Up! products. So let’s see at what we have here –
Elegant Butterfly punch – $15.95
Rhinestone Basic Jewels – $4.95
Whisper White Baker’s Twine – $2.95
Note Cards & Envelopes – $5.95
Stampin’ Write Marker – $3.50
Vellum Card stock – $6.50
Staz On ink – $7.95
Mini Glue Dots – $4.95
That’s $52.70 – which is enough to get the Vintage Versus set for free – you can make 20 note cards. You’ll have plenty of everything else left – so buy an extra pack of note cards and you have 20 more. And you’ll still have enough of everything left to make lots more. If you would like to order any of these products just visit my website any time – www.monika.stampinup.net – click on SHOP NOW and have fun!