Can you believe that March is about to be here? Where did February go? I think it just went poof! If time flies when you are having fun then I must be having a whole lot of FUN! And today I have a cute little creation to get you all ready for St. Patrick’s Day which will be here any minute. This week at Create with Connie & Mary we were issued a sketch challenge! What to do. What to do. Here is the sketch for this week and once you see my card you will see that you can use this sketch for anything.
I finally decided since March got here so fast if I was going to do a St. Patrick’s Day card I better go ahead and get it done for my Card Maker’s class this week because when I have the next one it will be too late. So that was the direction I went – on a search for ideas for St. Patrick’s Day.
Here are the details on this card –
- card base is Crumb Cake – stamp the greeting in the lower right corner
- Stamp the clover image on Whisper White card stock and punch out with the 1″ square punch
- Color the clovers with a Lucky Limeade Stampin’ Write Marker
- punch from Lucky Limeade card stock with the Postage Stamp punch
- Tie Lucky Limeade Baker’s Twine around the front of the card and tie in a bow.
- Layer the clovers on the stamps and add to the card with stampin’ dimensionals
- And the final touch is a little bit of sparkle – I used Dazzling Details on each clover.
- Now you have something to make for St. Patrick’s Day!
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. I hope you will play along. Every week the top 3 are announced from each challenge – maybe this week it will be you!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Every Little Bit
- Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Lucky Limeade Stampin’ Write Marker
- Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
- Accessories: Postage Stamp punch, 1″ Square punch, Dazzling Details, Lucky Limeade Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals.
And guess what – I have BONUS Card! Yep I actually made another card with this sketch- using practically the same supplies. Instead of the postage stamp punch I used the Peekaboo Frames Bigz L Die. And I added a few more colors.
This is my attempt at trying to encourage spring to get here – we are having lots of rain, and I really want the sun, which should bring the flowers and the bees to pollinate everything….come on spring get here faster!
I hope you like this sketch!