Have you played with the new All Dressed Up Framelits from Stampin’ Up!? I wasn’t sure that I wanted these (I have all boys so I don’t do much girly stuff) but once I started to play with them – well it was really hard to resist having fun!
This week at Create with Connie & Mary we were issued a color challenge! And I decided I could use those colors to make a cute little dress project that I think you will love. It’s based on an idea that I saw in a magazine – you may have seen it to. But I of course wanted to use my Stampin’ Up! products and the Dressed Up Framelits to make mine. Here are the colors we are working with this week –
Are you ready to see this little cutie? Here it is –
I’m not sure you can quite tell from this front view but it is actually a little box – I’ll show you a side view in a second. The inside is filled with just a few little kisses that have designer paper on the bottoms.
Here are the details on this box –
- first I cut a piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock and scored it – folded it and placed it so that the dress die did NOT cut through the shoulders – I wanted this part to stay connected like a card.
- I took a second piece of Razzberry Ripple and cut another dress, then cut off just the skirt and embossed it with the Fancy Fan embossing folder – positioned so it did not emboss the scallops at the bottom of the dress – I layered this on top of my folded dress as the top layer
- next I used the Primrose Petals card stock and cut two dresses – cutting away the skirt and glueing those to the inside as a bottom layer on the front and back of the dress.
- for the box I cut a piece of Primrose Petals card stock – it is 2″ x 5-1/2″ – it is scored at 1″ on the short side and 1″, 2-1/2″, 3-1/2″ and 5″ – and made into a tiny box. I glued this to the inside of the folded dress.
- I tied a piece of Summer Starfruit ribbon around the front of the dress – leaving long tails that I cut at the ends
- I added the tiny pearls along the base of the dress and up at the top for some bling.
- The kisses are covered with paper from the Print Poetry paper stack punched with the 3/4″ circle punch and attached with a glue dot.
- You could make these little dress boxes as party favors for any little girly occasion – change the colors to suit the occasion. Fun!
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. I hope you will play along. Every week the top 3 are announced from each challenge – maybe this week it will be you!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: none
- Ink: none
- Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
- Accessories: Basic Pearls, Big Shot Die Cut machine, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Dress Up Framelits, Summer Starfruit ribbon, Cutter
Have some fun playing dress up!