I’m wrapping up my stay with Create with Connie & Mary – I have just a couple more projects to share for the weekly challenge team. It has been fun and I’ve enjoyed seeing the creations every week. Thanks for letting me be part of the fun.
This week at Create with Connie & Mary we were issued a color challenge! Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, and Not Quite Navy – they make me think of summer and water – so naturally I thought of the Oh, Whale! stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog.
Now that I had my colors and knew I wanted to use the Oh, Whale stamp set I had to decide what to do with it. I have wanted for the last few months to make the little envelopes that are shown in the Sale-A-Bration brochure. I had many people ask how are those made. Well it’s really hard – you use the Big Shot and the Scallop Envelope Die and fold in the top, then the bottom, then one side and it’s done. Really – that easy! Not hard at all. The little envelope is just folded up so the decorative flap becomes one of the sides that is tucked in.
Here are the are some more details –
- Cut Daffodil Delight card stock with the scallop envelope die and the Big Shot. I went ahead and folded it all together the way I wanted to make the pocket. Then ran it through with the Cloudy Day embossing folder. Then I went back and added a little bit of Tomobow glue to hold it all shut – I guess I could have added that before embossing – but I didn’t do it that way.
- I stamped the whale in Not Quite Navy on Whisper White card stock and cut it out with the Happy Whale Clearlits die – isn’t it the cutest thing? I added a tiny silver mini brad for his eye.
- Tie a piece of the Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon around the pocket then add the whale on with some dimensionals.
- I cut a piece of Marina Mist card stock to slide inside the pouch. I added a whale clip to the end of it. And on the card I added a little banner.
- The words are from the Oh, Whale stamp set and then cut with the Itty Bitty Banner framelits.
- Write a sweet little note and give it to someone special!
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. I hope you will play along. Every week the top 3 are announced from each challenge – maybe this week it will be you!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Oh, Whale!
- Ink: Not Quite Navy
- Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Whisper White
- Accessories: Big Shot Die Cut machine, Itty Bitty Banner Framelits, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Scallop Envelope die, Happy Whale Clearlits Die, Mini Brads, Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon, Elements Cute Clips
Enjoy this week’s projects and I’ll be back one more time for next’s week challenge. If I have an update on the Bluebird I’ll post that later.