I made these cards to swap at the Stampin’ Up! Baltimore Regional this past weekend. I love the clean simple design of these. I wish I had taken a picture of the full rainbow of cards but I did not – sigh. Luckily I got a couple of photos though.
I made a whole rainbow of these and they would actually make a really fun set of cards. Now I think I may need to make some more. Let’s see I had Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Marina Mist and Rich Razzleberry.
And you know what I didn’t even save one for myself now that I think about it. I will have to make some more of these. Here is what I used to make each card –
- card base in one of the rainbow colors – 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and scored at 4-1/4″ – fold in half
- Whisper White layer – 5-1/4 x 4 – stamp “hey there friend” in the lower right corner in the same color as the base.
- Punch a Itty Bitty Flower using the Itty Bitty Punch pack in the same color.
- Pierce a hole through the center of the flower and through the Whisper White layer next to the words and insert a mini silver brad. Curl up the flower around the brad.
- Add a strip of designer series paper from the Polka Dot Parade pack in the same color to the left side of the Whisper White layer.
- Tie a piece of Whisper White Baker’s twine around and tie in a bow.
- Glue the Whisper White layer to the card base.
Do you know where the stamp came from? It is one of the stamps in the Paper Pumpkin Welcome kit – isn’t it great? If you don’t have it and you want it then you need to join Paper Pumpkin – its easy click here to learn how – and you will get it in your first kit. Our surprise April Kits are on the way – I hope it gets here this week before my Creative Retreat is over so I can show everyone that’s here the newest monthly kit!
Have a nice Spring day today!