Here are the recipes I used for my In-Color Inspired food that I served at the New Catalog Open House.
When I searched I didn’t really find what I wanted for a strawberry slush – there were many different recipes out there but I decided to come up with my own instead. So this is what I created:
- Put about 2 scoops of Strawberry Sorbet in a small plastic cup
- Add Sprite to the cup
- Stir with a spoon until it is all slushie
- Add a few fresh sliced strawberries to the top
- put in the freezer until ready to serve
- I served them with short straws and also with a spoon (for those that wanted to scoop instead of sip)
PISTACHIO PUDDING Cake
I found this recipe on Pinterest. It looks like it originated from the Jello company.
- 18 1/4 ozs cake mix (yellow) -( my box was smaller than this one)
- 1 package instant pudding (serving size jell o pistachio flavor, pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 7 drops food coloring (green)
- 2 tbsps powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients except powdered sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. (I mixed all mine by hand)
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube or tube pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving. (I actually forgot the powdered sugar – oops).
BAKED BROWN SUGAR Brie Cups
This is another one I found on Pinterest. On my pinterest page it links to a blog and she has some pictures for each step.
Baked Brown Sugar Pecan & Brie Bites
- Phyllo dough sheets
- Brie, cubed into half inch pieces
- Brown Sugar
1.) Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.) Cut phyllo dough into 1 1/2 inch squares. (mine were more like rectangles – I didn’t measure them)
3.) I used about 4-5 layers (or it could have been more just put some in each cup) of dough for each tart and pressed it into the muffin tin. Lightly spray the dough with cooking spray so it doesn’t burn.
4.) Place a cube of brie in each piece of dough.
5.) Top each one with 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pecans and a little drop of honey.
6.) Bake at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and dough is golden brown. I think it was maybe 10 minutes.
7.) Let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan. I used a spoon to help me lift them out without breaking the shells.