I scream, you scream. We all scream for Ice Cream!! And the new Stampin’ Up! In-Colors scream Ice Cream – don’t you think? I do. So one of the things on my list for the In-Color hands-on class that I had this month was to make an ice cream cone card. Before I had a chance to make mine my friend Cindy created one – great minds think alike! So I took her inspiration and created a card for my class.
- I used the Cupcake Builder punch to make the ice cream scoops – a scoop of Strawberry Slush, a scoop of Pistachio Pudding and a scoop of Crisp Cantaloup. Each scoop was sponged with the same color of ink.
- I used the Pennant Duo punch to make the ice cream cone – Baked Brown Sugar cone. Embossed with the Big Shot and the Square Lattice Embossing folder. Then sponged with Baked Brown Sugar ink.
- I glued the scoops on top of the cone. To the top add a cherry – punched from the Cupcake Builder punch from the Strawberry Slush card stock and use the Baked Brown Sugar marker to color the stem. If you would like – carefully sponge one side of the cherry.
- The card base is Strawberry Slush card stock – punched on the front edge with the Scallop Border punch – then I used the Paper Piercer and piercing mat to pierce a whole in the center of each scallop. On the inside of the card I glued a piece of Pistachio Pudding card stock. Its a little hard to see in the photo.
- Stamp greeting on the front – lower right hand corner with Baked Brown Sugar ink – I used “SMILE” from the Happy Day stamp set.
- On the front glue a half piece of a paper doily and then a strip of the Quatrefancy Specialty Designer paper – the Strawberry Slush print.
- Tie Whisper White Baker’s Twine around the front of the card – tie in a bow.
- Add the ice cream cone with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sent it to someone special!
Products are available to order in my online store.
Thanks for stopping by!