I love how these turned out! We made this Swallowtail Note Card set at my In-Color class last month. I think this was one of my favorite projects and the perfect gift for someone. I’m not sure why I waited so long to get the Swallowtail Stamp. I know it is big and can be intimidating to use but it worked out so nicely for this project.
The set includes 5 notecards with the envelopes packaged inside a clear bag, tied with ribbon and finished with a cute tag. Here are some close ups for you to get a better look at everything.
- Don’t fold the note card until after you do the stamping.
- Stamp the Swallowtail image in Versamark Ink and cover with Clear Embossing Powder. Heat set with the Heat Tool.
- use a Stampin’ Sponge and ink to sponge around the embossed image – I start in the center where I want it to be darker and then sponge in a circular motion out to the edge. Repeat until the whole butterfly is covered – it pops right off the card!
- Stamp a greeting on the bottom of the card.
- Stamp a matching envelope – I use the smaller swallowtail image from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set.
After sliding all the card inside the bag. Tie it shut with a piece of the Ruffled Ribbon and add a tag from the Chalk Talk set.
A cute gift don’t you think!