I wasn’t sure what to call this one – but it’s kind of like you are making designer paper using the Washi Tape. This card idea came from a swap I received at Convention from Connie Collins one of the Artisan Design team members.
This is how I made my card:
- To create the “paper” you need a piece of Whisper White card stock and you cover it with strips of Washi Tape. This time the tape is from Gingham Garden and from the Christmas tape – I believe it is called Season of Style – but I need to check.
- Next use the Big Shot and the Hearts Framelits to cut out a heart to make a window. Save the heart – we are using that on another card.
- Tie a piece of Linen Thread and a small Old Olive button around the piece.
- To add the ruffled edge – I cut a doily in half and then cut away the solid center part of each half. I add a strip of snail adhesive to the back of the washi paper piece. Ruffle up the strips of the doily and stick it to the adhesive to create the ruffle on the side.
- That piece was then layered on another piece of Whisper White using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Inside the window I stamped the greeting and then added a little punched heart (Red Glimmer paper and the Owl punch).
- The card base is Cherry Cobbler and then a piece of Daffodil Delight below the white.
This is a fun and pretty card and I love the ruffled doily edge on it! Thanks Connie for sharing this card with me. That was project #8 – but there’s more we have to use that little heart we cut out for something too.
You can shop online here at my website Online Store.
I’m extending the registration deadline for the retreat until after the holiday weekend – Registrations due
August 31st September 3rd for the September 27th – 29th – Stamp, Scrap & Create Retreat