I created some Halloween cards this week for my card class with the ladies at KSU. Since the KSU mascot is an owl I knew one of the cards had to feature an owl. And as it happened the color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary this week turned out to be the same colors I used for my card. I’m so excited as it has been a long time since I played along with a challenge!
Here is the Color Challenge –
And a few details about my card –
- Summer Starfruit card base
- A piece of the Witches Brew Designer Series paper
- A piece of Basic Black that has been embossed with the Wood Grain Embossing Folder and the Big Shot
- a 1-3/4″ circle punch of Summer Starfruit – sponged with Summer Starfruit
- the OWL punch – Crumb Cake for the base, Witches Brew paper for the belly, Summer Starfruit and Basic Black for the eyes and the white dots were made with the Chalk marker
- a Very Vanilla banner – stamped with Happy Halloween from Delightful Dozen – I colored in the pumpkin and closed letters with a Summer Starfruit marker – I wanted it to look like a candle glowing behind like a jack-o-lantern.
- tied with a piece of Summer Starfruit ribbon
Everyone at the class loved it. I hope you do too.
Thanks for stopping by – I’ll have some more Washi Tape projects coming up so please come back!