Now this is a FUN idea! I’m planning to make more of these. It is an idea that I got from Stampin’ Up! Make your own twist ties with Washi Tape! Since our Stampin’ Up! products coordinate you can now coordinate a twist for your treat bags to match your tags – fun!
Here is how you make the twist tie
- get a piece of floral wire – the one I used was 20 gauge
- cut the wire to the length you want for your twist tie
- get a piece of Washi tape just a little longer than your piece of wire
- lay the wire in the center of the Washi tape
- Put another piece of Washi tape on top of the first – sandwiching the wire in between
- finish the edges – I snipped mine into little flag points
- now twist it around your project
Here is a closer look at the twist tie from the back of the project.
I used a matching piece of Washi Tape (actually half a piece) on the front of the tag that I tied to the treat bag.
I think this is a really fun idea and I already have plans for some more twist ties using different washi tape. Oh the Washi tape that I used here is from the Season of Style pack.
That is project # 11 from my Washi Tape class – seriously I went overboard – and I’m still not done! I think I have 2 more projects. They are all pretty quick to make and so much fun.