It is so nice of the weather to start feeling like fall during Fall Break. Well Ryan has fall break right now – a week off from school – the rest of the family doesn’t. I guess once some of the kids are in college it is hard to get everyone together on the same schedule. Ryan may not be too happy with me about the activities I had planned for his break week. We have been spending some time together – but all of it revolves around doctors appointments. I’m making up for lost time with busy schedules he was due for just about everything and with a busy after school schedule due to Marching Band it really limits when I can get appointments – so this was the week to catch up.
It is starting to look like fall around here – at least all the leaves are starting to fall off the trees – the temps have been lower this week and there has been a breeze so it has been nice. I think it will be nice weather for my fall retreat which is in two weekends – I can’t wait. So with fall in the air I have a “fall themed” project to share.
It is a jumbo clip – photo holder – on the card stock you can add a photo to display. I made one of these years ago and have it in my bathroom – it actually has a picture of the dogs – Aspen & Magnolia. This one I plan to add a picture of my boys – I just have to decide which one. We made this at my Stamp Club this month. Here are a few details –
- I bought the jumbo clip on line a long time ago so I don’t remember exactly where I got them – they were prepainted white.
- I covered the front and back with a piece of the Burlap Ribbon
- on the front I added a strip of the Sweater Weather Designer paper, cut a leaf from a different print – sponged the edges, stamped the acorn from Truly Grateful stamp set – it’s also sponged with Soft Suede ink inside and on the edges after it was cut out, tie some linen thread around the acorn
- for the photo mat I used Chocolate Chip card stock
- add a strip of the Sweater Weather Design Paper to the side
- I pierced 4 holes using the piercing pad, template and piercer and then used Linen Thread and cross-stitched through and tied in a bow in the corner.
- stamp “Thankful for” from the Truly Grateful stamp set and punch out with the Modern Label punch, sponge the edges and add to the corner
I hope you like it. I got the idea for this project from our demonstrator magazine – Stampin’ Success – it had a similar project using two small clothespins and I remembered I had these big ones so I wanted to use those to create something similar. I like the way it turned out and now need to decide on which photo to add to it.
Thanks for stopping by today!