My hands-on stamping class last week was “Cards that Move” – it was a lot of fun. We actually made 4 cards and 1 mini scrapbook. It took much longer than I anticipated and the morning class had to finish quickly because I was late getting Ryan to a doctor appointment – yikes! But we got there only a few minutes late. To speed up my evening class I did a lot of the Big Shot cutting ahead of time. I need to do a better planning job! Everyone really enjoyed the projects.
Most of my projects were “Shelli” projects – she did a presentation at Convention this summer featuring cards that move – so most of the projects were taken from that presentation – with minor changes.
This first card that moves features the Label Pop-‘n-cuts die and the coordinating Deco labels Framelits. Here is the inside:
Here are some notes on how I made it –
- I cut a Daffodil Delight card base – it’s actually a slightly smaller card – the finished size (when it is folded) is 5″ x 4-1/4″. That is so the decorative edge and slits for the Pop ‘n Cuts card base could be trimmed off on the inside layer and the corners rounded instead.
- The front of the card base was embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder.
- On the front I added Washi Tape from the Gingham Garden collection, a flag that says “hello there” and a little flower.
- Cut Sahara Sand piece for the inside piece – the piece was 4″ wide and 9-1/4″ long and centered on the pop ‘n cuts die to cut the inside piece. Gently fold the cut piece so that the pieces bend into a “table” and then fold flat when the card is closed.
- TIP!! This tip will help you get this pop up card to fold nicely. First be sure the inside piece is “trained” to fold flat. Then put adhesive on ONE side of the inside piece and attach in to the inside of the same side on the card base. Again fold the inside piece flat. Then add adhesive to the second side and fold the card base over it as though you are closing the card. Close the card flat.
- Now open it up and add the decorations to the inside pop up piece. Cut a Deco Label framelit piece out of Whisper White card stock and stamp with the Chevron stamp – I used Tempting Turquoise – and trimmed one edge flat so I could place it up against the inside of the card covering the base.
- For the butterfly I used the Beautiful Butterflies die – the smallest image cut in white and the next smallest Melon Mambo. The white piece has some Washi tape on it. Adhere the butterflies together and tie Baker’s Twine around with a bow at the top.
- Layer on a mini brad – a Daffodil Delight flower, stamped Word Window punch, the butterflies, a flag of designer paper. Add to the center of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Be sure that the butterfly doesn’t interfere with the folding of the card.
It’s a really happy card to send to some one special!
Thanks for stopping by today.