I have a great Masculine Birthday card for you today! It seems that everyone struggles making cards for guys. I have a lot of guys in my family – a husband and 3 sons, a brother, my father, 2 brother in-laws and 2 nephews. That’s 10 compared to 6 girls. anyway…..
I think part of making it masculine has to do with the colors you choose. For this card I used Soft Suede and Summer Starfruit along with the Naturals White card stock.
The background technique is a fun one – I used a brayer to add Soft Suede ink to the top side of the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder – insert a piece of the Naturals White card stock and then run it through the Big Shot. It embosses the card stock and adds the ink into the recessed areas.
Here are all the elements of the card:
- Soft Suede card base
- the Modern Mosaic embossed layer
- a piece of Summer Starfruit ribbon
- Soft Suede card stock cut with the Deco Labels Framelit
- Naturals White card stock – stamp with Morning Post Numbers stamp set and cut with the Deco Labels Framelit
- Summer Starfruit card stock – stamp with Label Love and punch out with the Artisan Label punch
One more thing you could add which isn’t in this photo but was on one of the cards that I made was the addition of 2 Soft Suede candy dots on either side of the label frame.
Thanks for visiting today!