Here is an idea for a Christmas Card using one of our all occasion stamp sets. It might not be one that you think of for creating Christmas. It’s the Pennant Parade stamp set.
- Card Base is Real Red card stock
- A piece of Early Espresso card stock embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing folder and the Big Shot and layered on a piece of Whisper White.
- To make the tree I stamped the pennant image 3 times on Whisper White card stock and punched them out with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch. I took each edge of the punched piece and pulled it through my Old Olive ink pad so that the edges would be green. And I used a Real Red marker to fill in the dots to look like garland. Each piece was layered on a a piece of Old Olive card stock punch with the scallop pennants from the punch.
- I stamped the pot on Whisper White card stock with Early Espresso ink and cut it out. I glued that to the embossed wood layer.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the three pieces of the tree above the pot so they overlap one another to create a tree.
- Stamp “merry” on a piece of Whisper White and punch out with the small oval punch. The edge of the oval was pulled through the red ink pad. Punch a small hole in the end of the oval and the corner of on tree section. Use a Vintage Trinkets safety pin to attach the oval to the tree.
- to finish tie a little box of Linen Thread on the safety pin.
This card will be one of the options at my Card Maker’s Class this coming week. If you live in my area I hope you will join me.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card idea and come back again!