It has been a long time since I shared a scrapbook layout – it was August! I was working on my class reminder email for the scrapbook class this week and wanted to add a picture and realized I didn’t have any recent ones. But I found some that we made in the last few months and took some quick photos so I could add to my email and decided to go ahead and post here on my blog today too. This is a perfect layout for this time of year.
My yard is covered in falling leaves. As soon as Greg cleans the yard the leaves are back. Right now it’s a never ending battle. And I can’t believe it is almost Thanksgiving! Normally we travel to Virginia for at least the last 11 years. But this year everyone will come here to our house and I’m going to attempt to cook a big turkey!
Here is a little more detail on the One Fall Day layout.
- background is Sahara Sand card stock – drag the edges in a Chocolate Chip ink pad
- cut squares from the Sweater Weather Designer Paper – draw doodle lines around all four sides with the Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker
- Stamp the Magnificent Maple stamp on Very Vanilla card stock, sponge some color on the leaf and cut out. Make 2.
- the title uses the Fabulous Phrases stamp set for the “one” and the “day” – stamp and punch those out. FALL is cut with the Big Shot using the Typeset Alphabet dies.
- to make the Chevron Design – I punched a piece of thin cardboard (what comes in the Designer Paper packs) using the Chevron Border punch to create a stencil – place the stencil on your background and use sponge daubers to sponge ink through the stencil.
- Add photo mats, additional die cut leaves and woodgrain buttons tied with Linen Thread.
- Add your fun fall photos to finish this layout!
Items from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalog that I used on this layout include the Sweater Weather Designer paper, the Magnificent Maple stamp, Chevron Border Punch, and Truly Grateful stamp set.
Thanks for visiting my blog on this fall day!