Being sick just before Christmas was not good. I’ve neglected to do many things. Posting to my blog has been one of those things. I do have Christmas projects to share – but getting them photographed, edited and posted here on my blog has just not been happening. ugh! And now Christmas is almost here. I still have shopping to do to. So I’m going to write this quick post and then go out and try to get that done. And maybe I’ll write a second post tonight when I get home and share another project with you.
HO, HO, HO!! I love this pouch made with the Simply Created Banner Kit.
I got this idea from Patty Bennett and her Halloween pouches that she made a couple of months ago. I used the Simply Created Banner Kit and the Santa’s List stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Mini Catalog.
Here are some tips –
- I use Washi Tape to hold the stencils in place over my canvas banner piece. And then use a Sponge Dauber with the ink pad to stencil the pattern.
- Use Gumball Green ink for the chevron stencil
- Use Cherry Cobbler ink for the letter stencils
- I used and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker to create faux stitching around the edges.
- Cut a piece of card stock the same width as the banner piece. Add Sticky Strip to the sides and bottom of the back side of the banner. Then adhere that to the card stock piece. After it was attached I trimmed the bottom of the card stock to match the banner.
- Add ribbon through the grommets in the banner.
- Stamp the Santa image, punch out, mat on Cherry Cobbler, color in a touch and attach to the banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Ho Ho Ho image (from Oh, Goodie stamp set) and punch out with the bitty label punch and add it to the Santa circle.
Fill the pouch with something fun. In the picture there are just a few candy canes in there but something more will fit in there – I just didn’t have anything on hand. Hang it on a doorknob to leave a little surprise for some one. It could be a secret Santa surprise for you neighbor or co-worker. Enjoy!