When we arrived at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference there was a new surprise for us (well they always have surprises for us). This year we were having Paper Pumpkin Craft Wars!
The details from Stampin’ Up!:
We’re going to put your crafting skills to the test! Paper Pumpkin kits are great on their own,
but what happens when you mix the exclusive stamps with brand new occasions catalog products? Well, that’s what we want you to show us! At the end of the weekend, 20 winners will be selected and each will receive two free past Paper Pumpkin kits and exclusive bragging rights. Plus, the winning projects will be highlighted on the Stampin’ Up corporate blog after leadership! Enter to compete by signing up at the Paper Pumpkin booth.
So of course I signed up (and signed up my roomies Linda and Diane too). We went Friday afternoon to make our creations. We had about 15 minutes. And this is what I came up with –
So do you want to know some of the details –
- The card base was Crumb Cake (we could choose that or Whisper White).
- I used a piece of Whisper White for some stamping – I used the stamps from the July Paper Pumpkin Kit – it was the one with the birthday cake banners. There were 3 background stamps in the kit so I stamped one in each color – Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, and Tangerine Tango.
- I punched two flowers from each stamped image using the new Petite Petals Punch. I ran a marker along the edge of each flower.
- I looked all around for a paper piercer – no luck – we didn’t have one of those to use. So I had to make do with what I had – a paper of paper snips – I folded my flowers in half and cut a tiny slit – then pushed through a piece of the new Gold Baker’s Twine through each pair of flowers – I tied a knot in the front. And also tied at knot at each long end.
- I added the flowers to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I tied all the flower “stems” together with another piece of the Gold Baker’s Twine.
- My stamped greeting is from the June Paper Pumpkin Kit – it was the one with the Hexagon cards.
- At the last minute I decided to add a few of the gold sequins from the Occasions Catalog. Tricky part was getting them to stick – snail and itty bitty bits of Stampin’ Dimensionals was what I ended up using.
Stampin’ Up! picked 20 winners from all the entries. I don’t know how many there were but I would assume a few hundred. As I understand it they will have a corporate blog post featuring all the winning cards. So look for that on Stampinup.com.
And speaking of Paper Pumpkin – we got to see a sneak peak of the upcoming kits and they were really good! You are going to want them and if you have opted out lately you may want to opt in to get February and March kits – just sayin’.
If you haven’t previously joined Paper Pumpkin there is a special for new memberships – join between now and February 10, 2014 and you will get a free pack of 2012-2014 In-color Markers with your welcome kit!
JOIN TODAY – just CLICK HERE – to go to the sign up. And you can see ideas with past kits by visiting my Paper Pumpkin Idea Pinterest Board and I’ll be adding new ideas along with the winning cards from the Craft Wars as they get posted.
And if you want to order from the Occasions Catalog – SHOP HERE.
Thanks for visiting today!