I have a quick little treat holder for you today. This one is decorated for Valentine’s day but it’s a perfect idea for any holiday.
I happened to have Whisper White strips left over from the Owl Calendar Project I made before Leadership. And they worked perfect for this project. The Scalloped Tag Topper Punch uses a strip that is 2″ wide. These were 2″ wide and 8-1/2″ long. Punch both ends with the punch and then score at 4″ and 4-1/2″ (the center is 4-1/4″).
This is what I used to decorate the front
- I cut a strip of the Fresh Prints Designer Series paper stack
- punch a strip of Real Red card stock with the Ribbon Border punch
- stamp the image from the Tags 4 You stamp set (it is a carry over from the Holiday Catalog) punch it out with the Label Bracket punch
- punch a piece of Silver Glitter paper with the Label Bracket punch – cut it in half then layer it behind the stamped image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- punch 3 little red hearts with the 2-step owl punch
- add a piece of candy to the middle – I used the heart shaped peppermint patties
- tie the top with the 1/8″ silver ribbon
Fun treats! I hope you like them. We made these in my last Hands-on class.