Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and if you haven’t already you better get busy on some Valentine cards. Here is one idea for you today.
Let’s see how this card came together –
- Card base is Crushed Curry
- Whisper White cut with the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die
- Strip of Basic Black card stock
- Strip of Eastern Elegance Designer Series paper (the Crushed Curry pattern)
- the focal element is a stamp from the Crazy, Mixed-up Love stamp set (it is a fun set for Valentine’s day). I used Stampin’ Write Markers – Basic Black for the Bee and Crushed Curry for “mine”, color the stamp with the markers, huff on it and then stamp it on Whisper White card stock. Punch it out with the circle punch.
- Use the Artisan Label Punch to create the Crushed Curry layer.
- Then punch 2 Artisan Label punches from Basic Black card stock – cut each one in half in opposite directions. Then glue each piece behind the Crushed Curry layer as a mat. You can’t even tell it’s 4 separate pieces! It just looks like a larger version of the punch.
- Punch a tiny heart from Real Red using the Two-Step Owl punch and glue it inside the wings of the bee.
- And a final touch I did dot the eye with the Crushed Curry marker – you can see it in the close up photo.
One more look at the whole card –
Thanks for stopping by today!