Gold is a hot trend right now and this card pairs up a lot of gold elements with the Language of Love to create a Valentine’s or even a Wedding card.
I adapted an idea I found on Pinterest. Here are the elements on my card – some are the same as the one I found and some are different.
- Very Vanilla card base
- Very Vanilla layer – attach two strips of gold washi tape from the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape – a TIP for you here – line up the card stock on your Grid Paper first and then use the lines as a guide to get the Washi Tape straight across your card stock
- Cut the XOXO from Gold Foil Sheet using the Circle Card Thinlits Die collection
- Cut a large heart out of Very Vanilla card stock using the Scallop Heart Embosslit (well I thought that was still current but I can’t seem to find it online in the store)
- Stamp the strip of hearts from the Language of Love stamp set using the GOLD Encore ink. Punch out each heart with the small heart punch.
- Create a double bow with Gold Baker’s Twine – I used a little magic bow maker that I found on Pinterest – I made a few so that I’d have them to use in class. I need to get a picture of it and share it with you later.
Here is another view so you can hopefully see the layering. All the hearts are attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals as well as the layer on top of the base. The bow is attached with a mini glue dot. And I actually used the liquid glue for the foil.
Have a great day! I’m writing this early in case we get a lot of ice and lose power over the next couple of days.