The Starburst Sayings* stamp set and matching Starburst Framelits* are a fun bundle to play with. I was working on ideas for something else when I created this card. My KSU girls requested a St. Patty’s day card for our February card class. Yes they are ahead of the game! And while working with this set I thought the Oh Happy Day sounded like something you would say on St. Patrick’s Day – right? So I decided to use that to create the card for the KSU class.
I wanted to add what looked like a 4 leaf clover so I tried the new Petite Petals punch*. You might be thinking that doesn’t have 4 petals it has 5. Yes it does but if you cut a slit between two of the petals and then overlap them – you get a little 4 leaf clover – just glue the overlapped petals together and it gives it added dimension too!
Here are some more details on this card –
- Card base is Old Olive
- Whisper White layer embossed with Arrows Textured Embossing Folder*
- Old Olive card stock cut with the Starburst Framelit*
- Stamp the Oh Happy Day* in Smoky Slate on Whisper White card stock and cut with the Starburst Framelit.
- Cut a Tangerine Tango with the same size Starburst Framelit – off set it behind the white stamped one.
- Attach that to the large Old Olive starburst and add to the card front.
- Stamp Oh Happy Day in Tangerine Tango on Whisper White card stock and cut out the HAPPY – straight cuts into a rectangle. Add it over the top of the Smoky Slate one.
- Create the little clover from Old Olive card stock as mentioned above. Attach with a mini glue dot. Add a pearl to the center.
- Stamp inside Whisper White layer as desired.
Here is one more look –
* products from the Stampin’ Up! 2014 Occasions Catalog. Visit my Online store to order any of our products including what I used for this card. – SHOP HERE.
Do you think it works for a St. Patrick’s Day card?
Have a HAPPY Day!