Gift bags are easy to make with Stampin’ Up! products. Just buy plain white or kraft colored gift bags or various sizes and add a tag, decorate the front and insert your gift and some matching tissue. For this bag the tissue was cut with the Fringe Scissors to give it some interest. You could also stamp on your tissue paper.
This bag idea came from my friend Cindy – you can see her bag here. I used the same idea but with different colors. And I love her colored tissue paper but I didn’t have any to match my color scheme so I just used white.
Do you ever keep the rubber scraps that are left after you assemble your stamp set? I used to years ago when we just had the wood stamps – I never really did anything with it though. At one point in time we would cut it and use the foam like a dimensional. Now I save my rubber scrap for my clear mounted stamp sets – I attach it inside the case and then put the stamps back in place when I’m storing them. This helps me know if I’m missing any stamps out of the set. For this Starburst Sayings stamp set however I didn’t attach the rubber scrap inside my case. That’s because it has various sized circles which are perfect to use as a template. Cindy was clever enough to use the circles on her bag. Just go around them with your Stampin’ Write markers.
To create the tag –
- I used a piece of the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper – cut it with the Banner Framelit to make a banner.
- Used a 2″ strip of Basic Black card stock – punch with the Angled Tag Topper punch
- Stamped the “Oh Happy Day” image – once in Bermuda Bay and cut it out with the Starburst Framelit and once with Crushed Curry and hand cut just the HAPPY. Attached these pieces with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a Melon Mambo piece of card stock with the arrow from the On Film Framelits and attached that to the top of the tag.
- Add Bakers Twine through the tap topper and tie it to the handle of the bag.
- Tie a piece of the Basic Black Chevron Ribbon around the handle of the bag.
I used this bag for my nephew’s birthday gift – the card I made for him was in these same colors.
Thanks for visiting today!