Back in January I went to the Stampin’ Up! Leadership and participated in the Paper Pumpkin craft wars. We only had about 15 minutes to create a card using past Paper Pumpkin kit stamps and new products from the Occasions catalog. My card was one of the selected winners! For my Paper Pumpkin Hands-On class this month I decided to create another version of this card using the same idea. To see the original card go to THIS blog post.
Here is the new card – another alternate idea using some of the past Paper Pumpkin card kits.
You may not be able to tell right away but I used the stamps from two different Paper Pumpkin Kits. The obvious one is the Hey There Friend which is the Welcome Kit that everyone receives when they join Paper Pumpkin. It has the fun splatter and the words in it. The second set that I used is the Party Pennants stamps from the July 2013 Paper Pumpkin kit – there were three little background stamps in the kit and I used those to create my flowers. The stamps are perfect for creating “designer paper” in any color that you want to punch flowers or other shapes.
Here are some of the specifics for this card:
- The card base is Crumb Cake.
- Then I have two layers – a layer of Coastal Cabana and the Whisper White layer
- The Whisper White layer is stamped with the splatter using the Gold Encore ink – I did stamp multiple times between inking which gives varying degrees of gold splatter. The “hey there friend” is stamped in Coastal Cabana ink.
- To create the flowers I stamped each of the Party Pennants backgrounds on Whisper White card stock – one in Coastal Cabana, one in Bermuda Bay and one in Pool Party. Then use the Petite Petals Punch to punch out two flowers from each one. Then I used the matching Stampin’ Write Marker to go around the edge of each flower. I think it gives the flowers some extra definition.
- Punch a small hole in the center of each flower. Pull some of the Gold Sequins off of the trim and then string a sequin and both matching flowers onto a piece of Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Tie a knot in the ribbon for the center of the flower.
- I attached the flowers on to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then took all three pieces of Baker’s Twine and knotted them together.
- Add a piece of the Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon to the front with a piece of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi tape. Then I added another piece of Washi Tape.
- Put the White/Coastal Cabana layers on the card base.
What do you think? I really like how the flowers turned out. And I’m happy with the whole card – the gold with all the shades of blue are very pretty together.
Thanks for stopping by today!