We made this adorable mini scrapbook in my May Stampers Club. I love how it turned out. We used the Bright Blossoms stamp set that is on the retired list – it’s a cute little set that you can make various combinations of flowers with.
Here is some more on how I made it:
- I used 4 of the Crumb Cake note card envelopes (on the retired list), I tucked the flaps into the inside but you could choose to leave them out or even cut them off. Tucking them in gives some added stability. Inside each envelope I would slide a photo or journal a story or note that you might want to stay hidden instead of having it on the page.
- Place two envelopes end to end and connect them with Washi Tape – I used the Gingham Garden Washi tape which is also on the Retired List. Then add another envelope on either side – connecting with Washi tape. So you end up with a “book” of envelopes.
- I added another piece of Washi tape around the outside spine and then the extra flower piece as a decoration on the front.
- Then decorate the front and the pages of the mini scrapbook. For the front I added a frame from the On Film framelits cut from Island Indigo card stock – with a piece of Island Indigo Baker’s Twine (on the retired list). Attach it with bits of dimensionals at the top and bottom and then you can slide in a photo from the side later. Stamp a vase of flowers and punch with the Decorative Label punch. Punch a second one from Melon Mambo card stock – cut it in half and layer it behind the stamped one. Add to the front with dimensionals. Finish with a little designer button.
- For pages 1 & 2 – I used Daffodil Delight and the On Film Framelits – cut a frame and a camera. Add a Rhinestone to the camera. Stamp a flower – cut with the oval punch and then layer with the scallop oval punch.
- For pages 3 & 4 – This page has a Pear Pizzazz frame, Island Indigo Baker’s Twine and another stamped flower punched with the Oval punch and a scalloped oval punch frame.
- For pages 5 & 6 – For the last two pages there are frames in Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight. A Melon Mambo Camera. Another flower punched with the 1-1/4 ” circle punch and a 1-3/8″ Melon Mambo punch. Finish with some twine and Rhinestones.
On each page I added the frames with Dimensionals only along the top and bottom so I could go back and slide some photos underneath. On the blank pages I’ll plan to add journaling. Inside the pockets – larger photos. You could also use the pockets to hold a ticket stub or something else that goes along with the photos.