Today and tomorrow you can order from the old 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up! catalog and the NEW 2014-2015 Stampin’ Up! catalog at the same time. There is an overlap of a couple of days. Many of the retiring items are already sold out but those that aren’t can be ordered through tomorrow and Stampin’ Up! has even discounted some of the retiring items. You can see the most current availability list by looking in my online store – SHOP HERE.
This card combines the Gingham Garden Washi tape (it’s retiring and on sale) with the Vivid Vases stamp set (from the Occasions catalog and now in the new catalog!).
I wanted to make the vases look like a decoupage glass and decided the Washi tape would give me that look. This card does take a little time to make. I put the Washi Tape on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then stamped the vases on top of it with Black StazOn ink. Then I cut out each of the vases with my paper snips – so yes it is some fussy cutting but the vases are fairly easy to cut out.
This is how I completed the card:
- Card base is Daffodil Delight
- Front layer of Whisper White – stamp the Vivid Vases in Black StazOn ink.
- Color in the flowers/leaves with Stampin’ Write markers – Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo
- add the cut out washi tape vases on top of the stamped vases
- die cut a frame with the On Film Framelits and the Big Shot from Basic Black card stock
- tie a Whisper White Baker’s Twine Bow (or the Island Indigo Baker’s Twine works too) on the edge of the frame
- Attach the frame around the stamped image using Stampin’ Dimensionals – I cut little bits of dimensionals to attach the frame.
If you wanted different words you could cover the words with the bottom of the frame and add other words underneath.
I really love how it turned out. I’m going to try another one with different colors of washi tape.