I love this cute punch art owl that I found online and decided to add him to a Valentine card for my class last month. Every month I have a class at the local university and their mascot is an owl so it was a perfect card for them too.
I used the You Plus Me Bundle – which includes the Stamp set and the Designer Paper Stack. Plus the new Happy Hearts Embossing folder. Be sure to do your stamping before you emboss so it will be flat on your card.
The owl is made with punches – here is a list:
- body – Real Red – 2-1/2″ circle punch
- to make the ears at the top punch out a partial 1″ circle
- belly – Stacked with Love Designer Paper stack – 2-1/3″ circle punch – stick it back into the punch and punch a second time to create a football shape
- eyes – Whisper White – 1″ circle punch and Basic Black – 1/2″ circle punch
- nose – Calypso Coral – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack Heart
- feet – Calypso Coral – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack Heart
- heart – Real Red – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack Heart
The eyes on the owl and the heart are both popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals and then the whole owl is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front of the card.
A fun cute valentine card!
Thanks for stopping by today.