I had plans to start something new on Fridays called Share The Fun. That is what the front of the new Stampin’ Up! catalog says and my idea was to share a card from the catalog. In really old catalogs they used to have a list of supplies for every project that was shown in the catalog. In more recent catalogs it was no longer printed as part of the catalog but was available as a pdf for us to access. And currently we just have the samples in the catalog without the supply list (unless you look at the You Can Make It ideas those show you the supplies). I often have people ask what was used to make a particular sample. So my idea is to try to recreate some of those samples so I can give you a list of the supplies and maybe some instructions too. Originally I planned to copy them exactly but when I was working on this card I opted to make a few changes – one main reason is I didn’t have one of the stamp sets that they used. So let’s just say sometimes I’ll make a variation of the sample in the catalog.
For my In-Color class the other week I wanted a card that showcased the Mint Macaron color. When I looked through the catalog I would always return to the card on page 16 – it was simple, clean and very pretty and soft. It had just a hint of the Mint Macaron. I decided to use that idea for my class but wanted a bit more Mint Macaron by using that for my card base instead of Very Vanilla like the one in the catalog. I also had to change the stamp set since I didn’t have One Big Meaning.
- I used Mint Macaron for the card base instead of Very Vanilla
- I added the Typeset Specialty Designer Series paper – it’s torn along the top edge and stamped along the bottom edge with the Honeycomb image from Butterfly Basics – to keep the color light stamp off on scratch paper first.
- My Very Vanilla layer is stamped with the flower from Butterfly Basics – the catalog card looks a bit lighter so I think they may have stamped off first
- I used the Host stamp set called Happy Birthday, Everyone for my card and stamped Memento Black Ink
- I tied the Linen Thread around my layer – I just put mine in a different place because of where I did my stamping
- I finished with the Mint Macaron blossom just like they did
- They also added some Pearls which I opted not to do
- Put the layer on the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
Now you can go make this card – switch out the stamp sets or even the colors for something else and make several variations.
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com
Thanks for visiting today!