I have another edition of my “Reclaimed Wood” Skinny cards. Just in time for Thanksgiving it’s a Pilgrim! I made this little guy for my last Card Maker’s class and he was a big hit.
Here are a few tips for making him:
- The card base is Basic Gray – it’s a 3″ wide card and the brim of the hat is 4-1/4″ wide – so he will fit in a regular envelope if you want to mail him out. He would be cute for a place card too.
- The hair is cut with the Fringe Scissors.
- The gold foil buckle on his hat is the small letter o from the “no.” that is part of the Little Number Thinlits. And the black centers of the eyes are the centers of that same little o.
- The white part of the eyes are the small pumpkin shape in the Square Pillow Box Thinlit set – trim off the stem.
- For the mouth I traced the Stampin’ Mist bottle
- The rosy cheeks and nose are a cotton swap dipped in Pink Pirouette ink.
- The bow is from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits die set.
- The notch in the collar is made using the top of the Tree Punch.
- Faux stitching is added with a Project Life Journaling Pen.
I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with you and your family. I have all three of my boys back home. Kyle flew in from California last Thursday. Ryan flew in from Indiana Sunday night. And Tyler came over too (he doesn’t live too far away).
Don’t forget this week is the Online Extravaganza – Click Here for the list – or shop online in my store. The Magnetic Platform is on the list and so are a bunch of the dies for the Big Shot!
There are new Weekly Deals posted today and there is always the Clearance Rack. Do your shopping from home and don’t fight the crowds at the store.
Here are the supplies that I used for my Pilgrim card.
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com
Thanks for visiting today.