Today is the last day of the Holiday Catalog and the last day you can order the To You & Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit. It always surprises me how much better the kits are in person compared to how they look in the catalog. This one looked like it would be fun and I ordered it and then let it sit a while. When I finally got it out to make some of the cards I was surprised by how much was included and how fun they were. They really turned out to be cute cards. Now I had to alter mine slightly. Why? Well I ordered the Kit which includes all the consumable products but I didn’t order the coordinating stamp set. So I got creative with what I already had at home in order to complete the three card designs in the kit.
Here are what mine look like. Can you see the differences compared to the photos on page 4 of the catalog?
Here is what I used from the Holiday catalog:
- To You & Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit pg. 4
- Peaceful Pines pg. 17
- Holly Jolly Greetings pg. 34
- Acorn Builder Punch pg. 45
- Six Sayings pg. 51 – Hostess stamp set
I basically used stamp sets that I already had instead of buying another one and then finished with some punched pieces to fill in where I was missing something. Here are a few more details:
On the Tree card:
- I used the Peaceful Pines stamp set for the tree and the Six Sayings stamp set for the greeting.
- The star at the top is the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I used the left over edges of the gold foil from the Star card.
- The base of the tree is the Cupcake Builder Punch – I used a scrap of Early Espresso card stock and then cut the punched piece down a little bit so it was shorter.
- You can also decorate your envelope with the left over green tree piece from the frame.
On the Star card:
- I used the little stars from Holly Jolly Greetings for the background and corners. But there are other sets that have something similar you could use.
- Save the gold foil scraps from around the star and use to punch the pieces for the other cards.
- Use the left over gold star piece to decorate your envelope.
On the Ornament card:
- I used the little stars from Holly Jolly Greetings for the background.
- For the ornament string I used my Project Life Journaling Pen.
- For the ornament top I punched from the left over Gold Foil the acorn top from the Acorn Builder Punch.
You could order this kit now and work on your cards for next year early!
As a special thank you for anyone placing an order $25 or more in product thru January 4th, 2016 I’ll be sending you a surprise gift in the mail – be sure that you are NOT selecting NO CONTACT on your order (I won’t know who you are if you do and can’t send you the gift).
ORDER HERE and use the HOSTESS CODE WQGQY4QJ when you check out with an order less than $150 in products. If your order is $150 or more in product you get to redeem FREE Stampin’ Rewards so don’t use the hostess code. If you are part of my Stamper’s Club or the KSU group please use the hostess code I posted on your Facebook Group and it will count towards the January meeting.
Here is the full list of supplies – click on any item to go to my store:
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com