Easter is quickly approaching and this will be the first one where I won’t have any of my three boys here with us. No nieces or nephew around either. No little kids. It’s going to be a grown up Easter lunch. I’m also not hosting this year – we will be going to Greg’s cousin’s on Sunday instead. So even though I didn’t need any invitations or treats for Easter baskets I did create a few Easter things this year. I previously shared the little box with the chocolate carrot – now here is a bunny card. I actually made two version using slightly different colors.
This is the second one I made using Pumpkin Pie card stock and Peekaboo Peach ribbon. It matched the little box.
This was actually the first one I created and it uses So Saffron for his hat and a Mint Macaron bow.
Here are some tips for these cards:
- The base is Thick Whisper White card stock cut to 3″ wide.
- Stamp with the Hardwood background stamp using Sahara Sand ink – but stamp off once on your grid paper so that it’s really light.
- The hat is a 3″ square also stamped with the Hardwood stamp and glued to the top of the card.
- The brim of the hat is a 4-1/4″ strip, stamped and put on with dimensionals. This makes your card 4-1/4″ wide and still fits in a medium sized envelope.
- I used the Basket Bunch stamp set to stamp his whiskers – its the flower stem – i just inked half of it and stamped three time on each side of a hand drawn mouth
- Eyes are from the Basket Builder Framelit dies – it’s the small leaf die.
- Nose is the tip of the Medium star punch.
- Ears are from the Basket Builder Framelit dies – it’s the long leaf die. And then hand drew with a marker for the inside of the ears.
- Add a bow with a glue dot.
A fun card that goes along with some of the other “pallet” cards I’ve made in the past.
The retiring list is now out – be sure to shop online for your favorites – including this Basket Bunch set and dies – they are retiring!! SHOP NOW.