The Christmas around the World Designer Series Paper has a variety of prints including this one filled with sweet holiday treats. I’ve been working my way through this paper and the various prints. I may just finish up what I have with a card design for the Ronald McDonald house next week. I’ll be headed there with some other demonstrators to stamp with the guests at the house. Perhaps I’ll use this card design and just let them choose their own prints from the paper pack.
This card was part of my stamp a stack classes and I would change a few things if I use if for the Ronald McDonald house. Because the kids and adults are usually not familiar with stamping and making cards I try to keep it as simple as possible.
Here is what I did on this card (with notes on what I might change):
- Soft Suede card stock is the card base
- A 4″ x 4″ square of Designer Paper is on the top (I use this size to get the most out of one 12×12 sheet. (for RMHC I’ll use various designs that I have left from the pack)
- A 4″ x 1-1/4″ strip of Real Red card stock.
- A piece of Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine is tied around the card and in a bow. (for RMHC I will either leave this off completely or perhaps pre-tie a box and have them stick on with a mini glue dot)
- A Real Red scalloped circle cut with the Layering Circle Framelits Dies (I pre-cut these for class and would do the same for RMHC)
- A Whisper White stitched circle cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies ( I pre-cut these for class and would do the same for RMHC – I might switch out for a plain circle so if they stamp near an edge the stitching wouldn’t be in the image)
- The stamp is from the Watercolor Christmas stamp set. (for RMHC I’ll likely pull out a few other sentiments in case I need something that doesn’t say Christmas for someone there.) I used Soft Suede ink.
- I added a little gold metallic star (for RMHC I’ll probably leave this off only because I don’t have enough for them to put these on the card)
- Then there are two little Garden Green holly leaves tucked under the circle. These are from the Quilt Builder Framelits Dies. (I’ll precut these and have them stuck to glue dots for the RMHC)
A group of us goes once a month to our local Ronald McDonald House – well for me it’s about 45 min away. I missed last month so I’m looking forward to being there and seeing the holiday decorations at the house.
Don’t miss out on some of these great products from the holiday catalog – they will be retiring soon – Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper, Quilt Builder Framelits Dies, Watercolor Christmas stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by!