Would this be so cute to give to your favorite person just to say “you’re great!”?
And what is inside this little box is a mini bag of Gummy Bears. Hmm – did I already share this project? I feel like I already talked about Gummy Bears before. Well I used the smiling bear from Under the Stars stamp set – it’s retiring – darn – it was great for smores projects and camping related, summer fun type of stuff. It would go well with one of the new sets in the catalog.
I left the box open and cut the little tabs off – I added a piece of designer paper inside and glued it to the open back. Another piece is glued on the front. And a third piece was stamped with the bear and then I cut out the stomach and glued it onto the bear image that was stamped on the Crumb Cake card stock. The bear is added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here is the supplies and those that are retiring are marked with an (R).
Stamp set – Under the Stars (R)
Big-Shot Machine, Box #2 Bigz XL Die (R)
Card stock – Real Red 12″ x 12″, Crumb Cake
Ink – Jet Black StazOn
Designer paper – Big Top Birthday (R)
Real Red Satin Ribbon (R)
Have a good day – I’ll be back later with another project. Oops – I meant to post this Tuesday morning – but it went out Monday night. So I’ll really be back with another project later on Tuesday.
Here is another bag from my Birmingham Regional Workshop Wow presentation.
This one is a SMORES bag. And the great thing about this one – you can use the bag to help start the fire that you need to cook the smores! How about that for some recycling – that using it three times.
So the bag is made the same as the others. I used the Under the Stars stamp set – the smores are stamped on the bag and again on Very vanilla card stock and cut out. I used a Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker to color the bear and the Graham Crackers (the old Creamy Carmel would have been a good color for this). The chocolate is Chocolate Chip of course. And the Marshmallow has just a hint of Crumb Cake sponged on to make it look toasted.
And what do you suppose is inside – what else but a chocolate bar, marshmallow and graham crackers.
What a fun little treat for a campfire.
Every month Stampin’ Up! has a featured project of the month that is on the corporate website. I hope to share that project with you each month. I did a similar project last year and previously featured it on my blog. Here is another Smores treat bag idea for you. What a great camping treat for the summer or for cub scout or girl scout camp!
Have fun making treat bags!
S’Mores treat bag
- Under the Stars stamp set
- Real Red card stock
- Whisper White card stock
- Creamy Caramel textured card stock
- Basic Black Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Creamy Caramel Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
- So Saffron Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Large flat cellophane bags
- Linen thread
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Blender pens
- Stamping sponges
- Stamp raccoon image in Basic Black ink, mosquito image in Creamy Caramel ink, and “Grrreat!” in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock bag topper.
- Adhere strip of Real Red card stock to bag topper.
- Stamp two stars in So Saffron ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out and adhere to Whisper White card stock using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use a printer to print the words “Camping” and “treats” on Creamy Caramel textured card stock. Cut out in shape of sign. Color edges of sign in Creamy Caramel ink using stamping sponges. Adhere to bag topper.
- Stamp s’more image in Creamy Caramel ink on Whisper White card stock. Watercolor image in Creamy Caramel ink using blender pen. Cut out and adhere to sign on bag topper.
- Tie linen thread around bag topper.
Last week was spring break and we had hoped to go camping for a couple of nights and build a fire and have smores. Well the weather didn’t cooperate with us at all – so no camping, no fire and no smores were had by us. I brought home the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers for another day.
I remembered this project I made last fall after the Under the Stars stamp set was realeased (and our Big Shot). This is one of my favorite projects. It would be great for a scout group or just to make for your kids when you go on a family camping trip – or if you are having a backyard campout for a birthday theme.
- Under the Stars stamp set
- Chocolate Chip card stock
- Kraft card stock
- Naturals ivory card stock
- Chocolate Chip classic ink
- Jet Black Stazon ink
- Big Shot die-cut machine
- Top Note die
- Watercolor Wonder Crayons – Earth Elements
- Aqua Painter
- Stampin’ Dimenstionals
- Smores – graham crackers, marshmallow, chocolate
What a Yummy Treat! If you don’t have a camp fire – try the microwave version – build your smore (graham cracker, chocolate, Marshmallow) and heat for about 15 second in the microwave (until the marshmallow puffs). Take out and add the other graham cracker to the top to make a sandwhich.
Have a great weekend!