Red, White and Blue or in the case of Stampin’ Up! colors – Real Red, Whisper White and Dapper Denim. The perfect combination for a patriotic card. The 4th of July is quickly approaching and it will be Independence Day – you could use this idea for an invitation to a summer celebration.
I used the Watercolor Words stamp set on page 136 of the Stampin’ Up! 2017-2018 Annual catalog. I even used the card idea on that page! I just switched up the colors. The card on that page uses the Note Cards & Envelopes and I actually made a full sized card so I added my Whisper White layer onto a Real Red card base. My finished card is 5-1/2″ wide and 4-1/4″ tall – that is the normal size that I create.
I added the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape which is a variety of Black & White designs in 5 different widths. The Real Red strip is stamped and then punched on each end with the Triple Banner Punch. I added a silver Mettalic Enamel Shaped star.
I even decorated the inside of the card this time –
And be sure to dress up the envelope too – a little stamping and a bit of washi tape too.
Enjoy your day!
I made this fun card using stamps from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and Washi Tape and the Beach House Washi Tape.
I used a Crumb Cake Note Card and cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to layer on the front. I took the colors from the Beach House Washi tape and stamped the bottom three rows – the top three rows are the washi tape. Everything is angled. I used the Crushed Curry Baker’s twine to go around the white layer and tied it in a bow and then put it on the front of the note card with some Stampin’ Dimensionals. A super quick and easy card!
The Beach House Washi tape is on the retired list and it’s 40% off making it only $2.97. If you are a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber you would have these stamps from your February 2015 kit.
You can see more ideas using Paper Pumpkin kits on my Pinterest Board – click here.
You can join Paper Pumpkin which is a monthly craft kit subscription by going here.
And you can order regular Stampin’ Up! products including the Beach House Washi tape by visiting my online store right HERE.
Enjoy your day!
If you saw my photo from my craft room of the craftermath left from working on one of my swaps then you were probably wondering what was the result of that pile of products and mess. Well here you go – it’s this card.
It’s a remake of a card I created a few months ago. I wanted it to be current so I changed out the Washi Tape that I used and made it again with these new colors. The Washi Tape is called Sweet Sadie. I thought using the Washi tape on the vases made them look like decoupage.
To create this card I put the washi tape on a piece of whisper white card stock. Then stamped the vases over the top with Black Stazon ink. Then i cut them out – yes I cut out a lot of vases! Stamp the whole Vivid Vases image on another piece of Whisper White card stock (the layer on the front of the card) – then glue the cut out vases over the top of those stamped vases. I filled in the flowers with my Stampin’ Write markers.
The Twine tied to the frame is the Thick Baker’s Twine. I pulled apart the 3-ply for the Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe twine and took a piece of each and tied it around to add a little something to the frame.
Here is the list of everything I used. Remember you can click on the items to view or order them in my online store.
This was my swap card for the dinner Wednesday night with all my friends. I hope they like this card.
Today and tomorrow you can order from the old 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up! catalog and the NEW 2014-2015 Stampin’ Up! catalog at the same time. There is an overlap of a couple of days. Many of the retiring items are already sold out but those that aren’t can be ordered through tomorrow and Stampin’ Up! has even discounted some of the retiring items. You can see the most current availability list by looking in my online store – SHOP HERE.
This card combines the Gingham Garden Washi tape (it’s retiring and on sale) with the Vivid Vases stamp set (from the Occasions catalog and now in the new catalog!).
I wanted to make the vases look like a decoupage glass and decided the Washi tape would give me that look. This card does take a little time to make. I put the Washi Tape on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then stamped the vases on top of it with Black StazOn ink. Then I cut out each of the vases with my paper snips – so yes it is some fussy cutting but the vases are fairly easy to cut out.
This is how I completed the card:
- Card base is Daffodil Delight
- Front layer of Whisper White – stamp the Vivid Vases in Black StazOn ink.
- Color in the flowers/leaves with Stampin’ Write markers – Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo
- add the cut out washi tape vases on top of the stamped vases
- die cut a frame with the On Film Framelits and the Big Shot from Basic Black card stock
- tie a Whisper White Baker’s Twine Bow (or the Island Indigo Baker’s Twine works too) on the edge of the frame
- Attach the frame around the stamped image using Stampin’ Dimensionals – I cut little bits of dimensionals to attach the frame.
If you wanted different words you could cover the words with the bottom of the frame and add other words underneath.
I really love how it turned out. I’m going to try another one with different colors of washi tape.
Look at this cute little note card that we made in my Saying Good-bye Hands On class.
As I was creating for my Saying Good-bye class I had a sheet of stamped flowers on my craft table left over from the mini scrapbook project we made during Stamper’s Club. And I thought – oh I should just turn that into a quick little note card. So that is what I did. Here are the details:
- Note Cards & Envelopes (these were listed on the retired list but there are also some in the new catalog)
- Gingham Garden Washi Tape (retired list)
- Bright Blossoms stamp set (retired list)
- Sweet Essentials stamp set (retired list)
- Island Indigo Baker’s Twine (retired list)
- Large Oval punch
- Scallop Oval punch
- Basic Rhinestones
- Island Indigo & Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker
- Daffodil Delight ink pad
And an update on the Bluebirds for you. The babies hatched on Mother’s Day! Now wasn’t that appropriate! She is going to be a busy mom with 6 babies – glad she has help from dad and her other babies. I did go buy some meal worms yesterday afternoon so it would be a little easier for them to find some food for all those babies.
in the morning on Mother’s day – 4 have hatched – 2 eggs
later on mother’s day – I thought all 6 had hatched but there is a faint hint of blue so there may still be one egg under the pile here
hungry babies on Tuesday May 13th
Have a great week!
Back in January I went to the Stampin’ Up! Leadership and participated in the Paper Pumpkin craft wars. We only had about 15 minutes to create a card using past Paper Pumpkin kit stamps and new products from the Occasions catalog. My card was one of the selected winners! For my Paper Pumpkin Hands-On class this month I decided to create another version of this card using the same idea. To see the original card go to THIS blog post.
Here is the new card – another alternate idea using some of the past Paper Pumpkin card kits.
You may not be able to tell right away but I used the stamps from two different Paper Pumpkin Kits. The obvious one is the Hey There Friend which is the Welcome Kit that everyone receives when they join Paper Pumpkin. It has the fun splatter and the words in it. The second set that I used is the Party Pennants stamps from the July 2013 Paper Pumpkin kit – there were three little background stamps in the kit and I used those to create my flowers. The stamps are perfect for creating “designer paper” in any color that you want to punch flowers or other shapes.
Here are some of the specifics for this card:
- The card base is Crumb Cake.
- Then I have two layers – a layer of Coastal Cabana and the Whisper White layer
- The Whisper White layer is stamped with the splatter using the Gold Encore ink – I did stamp multiple times between inking which gives varying degrees of gold splatter. The “hey there friend” is stamped in Coastal Cabana ink.
- To create the flowers I stamped each of the Party Pennants backgrounds on Whisper White card stock – one in Coastal Cabana, one in Bermuda Bay and one in Pool Party. Then use the Petite Petals Punch to punch out two flowers from each one. Then I used the matching Stampin’ Write Marker to go around the edge of each flower. I think it gives the flowers some extra definition.
- Punch a small hole in the center of each flower. Pull some of the Gold Sequins off of the trim and then string a sequin and both matching flowers onto a piece of Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Tie a knot in the ribbon for the center of the flower.
- I attached the flowers on to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then took all three pieces of Baker’s Twine and knotted them together.
- Add a piece of the Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon to the front with a piece of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi tape. Then I added another piece of Washi Tape.
- Put the White/Coastal Cabana layers on the card base.
What do you think? I really like how the flowers turned out. And I’m happy with the whole card – the gold with all the shades of blue are very pretty together.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Gold is a hot trend right now and this card pairs up a lot of gold elements with the Language of Love to create a Valentine’s or even a Wedding card.
I adapted an idea I found on Pinterest. Here are the elements on my card – some are the same as the one I found and some are different.
- Very Vanilla card base
- Very Vanilla layer – attach two strips of gold washi tape from the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape – a TIP for you here – line up the card stock on your Grid Paper first and then use the lines as a guide to get the Washi Tape straight across your card stock
- Cut the XOXO from Gold Foil Sheet using the Circle Card Thinlits Die collection
- Cut a large heart out of Very Vanilla card stock using the Scallop Heart Embosslit (well I thought that was still current but I can’t seem to find it online in the store)
- Stamp the strip of hearts from the Language of Love stamp set using the GOLD Encore ink. Punch out each heart with the small heart punch.
- Create a double bow with Gold Baker’s Twine – I used a little magic bow maker that I found on Pinterest – I made a few so that I’d have them to use in class. I need to get a picture of it and share it with you later.
Here is another view so you can hopefully see the layering. All the hearts are attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals as well as the layer on top of the base. The bow is attached with a mini glue dot. And I actually used the liquid glue for the foil.
Have a great day! I’m writing this early in case we get a lot of ice and lose power over the next couple of days.